Universal ADB Driver: End to your Problems with ADB Drivers
If you like tinkering with your Android devices, the chances are that you have ran across ADB and maybe had some troubles getting it to work properly. Finding a functioning driver for your device is often difficult and may require some trial and error. Universal ADB Driver is here to solve this problem.
ADB is important for developers who use it to obtain system dumps and low-level information about how their applications behave. But ADB is definitely not limited to just developers and has a plenty of uses for average users as well. With ADB, you can, for example, make a complete backup of your phone or flash a new ROM or firmware.
To use ADB you need several things: Android SDK Tools, enabled USB debugging, USB cable, and ADB driver. The chances are that if you are having problems connecting to your device, drivers are the culprit.
Since finding proper drivers for many devices (especially those from lesser known brands) can be challenging and may require some trial and error, the guys at TechKnow came up with Universal ADB Driver. This driver packs more than 700 different drivers into one package.
The driver supports many different phone manufacturers including HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, and Xiaomi.
How to install Universal ADB Driver
- Download and unpack TechKnow_Universal_ADB_Driver_v0.8-HcH (8.19MB)
- Connect your Android device with your PC using a USB cable.
- Open the System Properties dialog (click on “Computer” in Start Menu, right-click inside and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Device Manager”.
- In the Device Manager find your Android device. Then right-click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- And select the folder where you have previously extracted Universal ADB Driver.
- After you are done with the installation you should reboot your computer and reconnect your phone.
- Everything should be working fine.
List of supported drivers contained in Universal ADB Driver:
- Actions Semiconductor ATM Tablet ADB USB Driver v1.0 by HcH
- Actions Semiconductor ATM USB 2.0 (HS) WinUSB Device Driver v18.104.22.168
- ADB – TWRP(by Christian Troy)
- Adb only USB configuration
- AllWinner A13
- AllWinner A23 by HcH
- AllWinner A33 Tagital T9X by HcH
- Archos 101 Copper by HcH
- Archos 80b Xenon by HcH
- Archos Gen8
- Archos Gen9
- Arnova 7
- Arnova 7c
- Arnova 7c G2
- Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101
- Asus Transformer Prime TF201
- Asus Transformer TF101
- Crystal2 USB mass storage ADB
- Google Nexus
- Google Glass
- HTC Dream
- HTC Magic
- HTC Phones
- Intel ICS Devices
- Intel Gingerbread Devices
- LGE GW620 by HcH
- MediaTek MT65xx
- MediaTek MTK6218
- MediaTek MTK6573
- Project Tango (generic)
- Samsung S4 i9515 by HcH
- Samsung S5 by HcH
- Samsung v22.214.171.124 Escape USB Debug Bridge Interface driver
- Softwinner Magic (AllWinner) Plus A20 and A23 additions by HcH
- Sony Ericsson
- TOSHIBA IS04
- TOSHIBA T-01C
- USB accessory configuration
- USB accessory configuration with ADB
- USB mass storage ADB
- USB mass storage ADB (ROMs by Christian Troy)
- Vtech Innotab Max
- WonderMedia WM8850